Enhance your Self Awareness and Propel Your Career
We all have a certain way of “showing up” in the workplace. We behave differently at work, surrounded by co-workers and managers, than we do at home, surrounded by our friends and family. You have a “natural” style of behaviour that feels right for you. It’s how you prefer to operate. However, you also have an “adapted” style of behaviour, which is how you tend to change your natural behaviour to suit the professional environment you’re in.
The more you have to adapt, the greater stress you tend to feel. When you’re working in an environment where you have to suppress who you are—or where your natural tendencies aren’t appreciated—you have a greater potential for interpersonal conflicts and performance problems.
Still, a certain amount of adaptation is usually required at work, where you’re surrounded by all different kinds of people. It’s a useful tool for building relationships and dealing with the professional world in general.
Unfortunately, most people don’t have the self-awareness to understand their own natural tendencies and how they’re adapting (or not adapting…or adapting ineffectively) in the workplace. As a result, they continue to struggle.
DISC is conducted via an online assessment. You answer a series of simple questions and then receive a detailed report outlining a variety of key insights (outlined below).
What Is a DISC Assessment?
DISC is the leading personal assessment tool used to enhance self-awareness. It helps you understand your natural behavioral style and your adapted style. It also helps you see where you could adapt in different ways to create better outcomes for yourself and others. In some cases, it helps you see how your professional environment is impacting you, and how a different environment might suit you better. The DISC measures four dimensions of behaviour:
- How you respond to problems and challenges
- How you influence others to your point of view
- How you respond to the pace of the environment
- How you respond to rules and procedures set by others
How will DISC help You?
For career climbers, the insights revealed in the DISC assessment can help you to:
- Improve workplace performance
- Enhance professional communication skills
- Minimise conflicts with your team and leaders
- Strengthen relationships with your team and leaders
- Maximise and leverage your personal traits in the workplace
You can even share your report with your boss as a tool for facilitating growth and enhancing your relationship. For job seekers and career changers, the DISC assessment can help you to:
- Determine a career path that matches who you are
- Align personality and behavioural traits with the right work environment
- Improve communication skills for networking and interviewing
Insights You Will Gather
- YOUR NATURAL AND ADAPTED BEHAVIOURAL STYLES: Gain clarity about how you like to work and the adjustments you make on the job.
- YOUR PERSONAL STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES: Identify areas of strength that you should leverage at work and areas of weakness that you should minimise or improve.
- HOW OTHERS PERCEIVE YOU AT WORK: Gain eye-opening insight into how your colleagues interpret your behaviours to create an “image” of who you are.
- YOUR COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES: Understand your natural communication style and how you can adapt more effectively to create stronger relationships.
- YOUR IDEAL WORK ENVIRONMENT: Learn what kind of work environment (and organisational culture) best suits you.
- YOUR MOTIVATORS AND MANAGEMENT PREFERENCES: Learn what drives you and how leaders can bring out the best in you.
- YOUR TIME WASTERS: Discover the hidden ways you may be wasting time and how to minimise them.
- YOUR UNIQUE VALUE: Learn how your talents and behaviours contribute positively to the organisation.
As you gain understanding of your own unique style, you’ll also learn how to identify the style of others, giving you a deep appreciation and respect for differences. This will help you leverage your newfound self-awareness with others.
You’ll also learn specific strategies for adapting to other people in the professional environment. This empowers you to overcome interpersonal tension and present yourself as a confident, poised professional in any circumstance.
Coaching with Emmanuelle
Your DISC Assessment report is incredibly comprehensive and full of useful information. Emmanuelle will help you dissect it and make meaning from it. After you complete the assessment, you’ll meet with Emmanuelle for 90 minutes (via Zoom) to discuss the results and how to use them moving forward in your career journey. She’ll help you leverage your newfound self-awareness and turn it into concrete actions to propel you forward.
How it works
After purchase, you’ll receive an email from Emmanuelle within 24 hours containing the link to take your assessment online and to schedule your consult, which will take place shortly after that the assessment is complete.
Your DISC Assessment & Consult includes:
- A Full DISC assessment and report
- 90-minute online coaching consultation session with Emmanuelle
- MP3/4 recording of our online coaching consultation for your future reference
Price: 250 euro
(Scheduling is subject to availability)